Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall: A Time for New Beginnings

Regrettably, I've been on quite an extended leave of absence from this blog. Life has been very busy--and full of change--for this family. My daughter graduated from high school last May and just recently got her driver's license, a car of her own, and started classes at a nearby community college (30 miles away but nearby for us), where she's studying photography and journalism. Armed with my old camera and a new MacBook, she is now officially launched into adulthood and I am (mostly) free of parenting and chauffeur duties and school volunteer work so perhaps I'll be able to update this blog more often and devote more time to EcoPrints.


I'd like to get back into the swing by posting a photo to mark this first day of fall, as fall is my absolute favorite season.

Skyward Aspens

Autumn on Conifer Mountain
There is a harmony
In autumn, and a lustre in its sky,
Which through the summer is not heard or seen,
As if it could not be, as if it had not been!

- Percy Bysshe Shelley

-----------------------------------------
 Click on the image below to view more nature photos.


5 comments:

Linda said...

What a perfect picture to relaunch your blog (hopefully!) and welcome fall - my most favorite of seasons also!

Cherie said...

I haven't posted too much myself lately. I did have a chance to drive across the southwest corner of your state on my way up to Pocatello, ID. It didn't look like what I expected. I guess it was all the farming that was such a big surprise. But it was Beautiful!

Congratulations on getting your daughter all graduated and into college. And here's to you not having to volunteer at school. Cheers!

Cherie said...

P.S. And the photo is lovely. :)

Lisa (Mountain Photog) said...

Thanks Linda! We'll see how much I can do--I'm so far behind in everything, including the blogosphere. :(

Hi Cherie! Thanks! Pocatello, ID? I really have a lot of catching up to do. Hmmm, the southwest corner of the Colorado. Did you go through Cortez on your way to Moab by any chance? I love that area--it's so different from where I live but has it's own rugged and striking beauty. There's a B&B I love there, just outside of Cortez, called Kelly Place. A wonderful spot to "get away from it all."

Cherie said...

I certainly did go through Cortez by way of Durango. Very picturesque. Wouldn't mind taking a more leisurely trip through that area again. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails